יום רביעי, 22 בדצמבר 2021

My first smell wheel

 My first smell wheel 

Jaffa 1880-1930

For the first step in my research I collect books about people that described Jaffa. the Corpus that i'm working with is:

1. a. Travel diary texts
    b. Memories of people who lived in the city.
    c. Press clippings from that period

2. a. Maps drawn by travelers
    b. Maps of Napoleon's army in Jaffa

3. a. Aerial photographs of armies
    b. Press photos
    c. Expedition photos

4. a. Letters
    b. Letter postcards

5. a. Paintings by locals / immigrants
    b. Drawings of travelers / visitors

6. Archive clips from the city of Jaffa

7. Posters / leaflets of promotions

8. Guides to Eretz Israel

9. Street posters

10. Flower albums collected by visitors

11. Archive and video clips.

12. Official documents, correspondence, protocols

In my project im trying to understand the smell in each diffrent place in Jaffa like: Jaffa port, Jaffa clock tower, Old train station, Old market area. and to each place I will build his own smell wheel. 




Jaffa full smell wheel 1880-1930


אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה

How to smell in Hebrew?

 How to smell in Hebrew My main language is  Hebrew, and all my Corpus is in Hebrew also. and Hebrew is very difficult language becuse hebre...